Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Best Gift of All



Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
Well, as I have been saying Christmas just arrived too too quickly this year!
Probably the first time I really was not ready!
Our poor tree dried out before Christmas Day.
Oh well...
However, something touched my heart this year that I would like to share with you.
As you know, by day I teach fifth grade. This time of year parents and students generously give their teachers gifts. But for some families that "extra gift" is just not in the budget. Of course, as caring teachers we don't expect anything.
On the last day of school before vacation one of my students came up to me and handed me a plastic bag and said," here this is for you, but my mom couldn't wrap it." And then she quickly slid away, before anyone else could see what she had given me, for fear that her gift wouldn't "measure up" to some of the other ones.
Little did she know it was the Best gift that I had received.



You see the only candy, that I even like, are Almond Joys and she wrapped each one with ribbon
and then put a gift label on fudge so that she would be able to give me a gift. Little does she know that her kindness and thoughtfulness are the best gifts I could ever receive from a student or anyone.

May someone or something touch your heart this holiday season!

3 comments: