Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Parchment Technique

Today our challenge at Sweetstamps was to use the Parchment technique.
This is my first attempt. There is a great tutorial here.
I worked with the Wild Rose Oval stamp, which is an awesome stamp.
I also stamped Happy Birthday inside the oval because I felt it needed something.
I stamped the image with SweetStamps white ink and embossed it with detail white embossing powder onto heavy weight vellum.
For the background I used an embossing folder: Daisy and Swirls.
I embellished the embossed flowers with Kaisercraft pearls. All supplies are available at SweetStamps.

7 comments:

  1. Joni, I love the yellow on your card. It is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni, wow its your first time too? You wouldn't know it! Its beautiful! I love how you have added the details in colour to the leaves. Truly beautiful...

    Hugs
    TAmara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the wonderful colors you used on this beautiful card sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great Joni!! Love how you added all the details. Love your card...

    Dawn B

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card. I love the embossed background. The flowers are beautiful. Everything looks so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joni, I love your card, it is so bright and cheery. Great job on a new technique, you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card Joni! I love the colors you used and you did a GREAT job piercing out the wild rose oval image!

    ReplyDelete