Friday, March 22, 2013

Poppies


I love poppies and I had a great time playing with all these new poppy stamps and dies from MFT!
I stamped a couple of the poppies with the new Electric Red ink.
 I masked the poppies and stamped the verse image with Kraft ink. I added a poppy made with the Die Namic Poppy Builder. 
Leaves were also cut from the Poppy Builder with Sour Green Felt. I machine zigzagged stitched along the edges of the layers.
I layered the framing flourish on the border die from the new Blueprint 1 die namic cut with Kraft card stock.
I followed the sketch for the April Guest designer challenge.
mftguestdt0413.jpg 
Card size is 5 X 6

LJD Pretty PoppiesDie-namics Poppies and Leaves Die-namics Poppy BuilderPremium Dye Ink Pad Electric Red  Die-namics Blueprints 1Heavyweight Card Stock Electric RedDie-namics Framing Flourishes
Heavyweight Card Stock KraftPremium Dye Ink Pad Kraft


I am also entering the following challenges:
Color Throwdown
Whimsy
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge



8 comments:

  1. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "gingham and/or checks" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design! The poppy image is perfect for these colors. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty! love all the stitching and the beautifully stamped text on that square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. The poppies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot see your link to the challenge blog but thanks for joining in at Forever Friends this month. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL work with those new poppies! Lovely design, Joni! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous poppies!!! I just love how you added them over the script background!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete